October started with Ryker’s nine month check-up. He weighed in at 17 pounds 11.8 ounces (10th percentile) and measured 29 inches (75th percentile). Yep, long and skinny, although the doctor assured us he looks very healthy.
On the 5th, we flew to Acapulco for a week with Grandma and Grandpa O, plus Great Grandma and Great Grandpa D. We had a fabulous time at the Grand Mayan Resort! Ryker enjoyed floating around the lazy river in his inflatable crab raft, daftly maneuvering around all of the falling water obstacles. Unfortunately, he couldn't avoid a third ear infection, but luckily there was a doctor on site who provided antibiotics. Unlike the previous infections, this one took longer to recover from and resulted in very difficult naps and bedtimes. Jeremy and I were exhausted by the efforts of putting Ryker down to sleep, and were happy to come home. Don’t get me wrong, we still had a wonderful time playing in the sun, but it was nice to get back to a normal routine with a healthy baby.
While we were there, that second bottom tooth finally broke through! Oddly, it was accompanied by the upper left tooth, two away from the center (not the front left, but the one left of that). I thought I felt them on Saturday the 6th, but wasn’t sure until I confirmed it the following day. Ryker’s top gums continue to be swollen, so we are guessing the left front or the second upper right tooth will be next. We’ll see!
Ryker had his first haircut on Sunday the 21st. Jeremy had been giving me a hard time about it, since it was about an inch past his ears. I only cut around his ears; one, because it is nearly impossible to have him sit still for long, and two, because it is so soft and cute I can’t bring myself to make it short. We have a few pictures of the event, mostly close up because Jeremy used the camera cord to distract Ryker.
No comments:
Post a Comment