Once again, my perinatologist recommended a cerclage to help ensure I maintain the pregnancy for a healthy period of time. It was done on April 15th and mom came down to help out with Ryker.
Last time, the spinal made me numb up to my sternum and took about five hours to wear off. When I told the anesthesiologist, he laughed and said it definitely shouldn’t take that long this time. Knowing I was numb up to my sternum, he said I was probably given more than was necessary for the procedure.
In the operating room, the anesthesiologist gave me a spinal and we waited for my lower half to go numb. Typically, they can start the procedure in about five minutes, but at that point I could still move my legs. After 10 minutes I could still move my legs, so he gave me a second spinal. We laughed that it was now likely I’d be there as long, or longer than last time!
The nice thing is they didn’t have to put me in the recovery area, instead I got to go back to a large, private hospital room. It took a little over six hours for me to be able to walk, although I was still pretty tingly.
I spent the rest of the week taking it easy. It was nice having mom there to help me during those first few days, plus help Jeremy with Ryker. Mom left on Thursday and my doctor thought I could possibly go back to work on Friday, but I decided to stay home and relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment