Last Wednesday night around 8:30 I started having contractions about 3-5 minutes apart, with the pain going into my back. I called an advice line and was told to go to the hospital, due to the cerclage (otherwise, they would have had me wait it out at home a little longer). Thinking I'd get there, they'd give me something to stop the contractions and I'd be home in an hour or two, I drove myself (the hospital is less than 5 minutes away). Ryker was sleeping soundly and we hadn't really made a plan for who to call if such a situation arose. The funny thing is we'd talked about it earlier in the evening and I said we should talk to our family and friends soon...like the next day!
I arrived at the hospital around 10:00 pm and the contractions spaced out to about 5 minutes, but were getting stronger. The gestational age was 35 weeks, 4 days; which was far enough along they decided not to stop the contractions. However, the doctors were afraid the cerclage might tear my cervix, so they took it out around 1:00 am. Then the contractions went to 2 minutes apart! At this point, the pain in my back during contractions was getting pretty bad. I was told if I were further along, they'd induce me to speed things up even more.
By 3:30 am, the contractions had slowed down and I got a few hours of sleep. Although the contractions weren't as frequent or as strong, the doctor checked my cervix and determined it had dilated to 3-4. Since that was a change, they decided to keep me for observation awhile longer. I ended up being there all day...a few contractions, but nothing regular or intense and no more dilation.
The hospital doctors wouldn't release me unless Jeremy was home and able to drive me back ASAP, should the situation change. He picked me up at 6:00. Now it is Monday and still no baby!!
I'm officially on medical leave from work. My doctor let me go in Friday to send emails to clients with information on who to contact during my leave. Now I'm waiting...impatiently.
The only good thing about the wait is we still don't have a name picked out yet...
No comments:
Post a Comment