Sunday, October 15, 2006

26 weeks, 3 days

I know, I'm a little behind...so here's a quick recap!

At 24 weeks, 1 day we had an ultrasound putting the little guy at one and a half pounds, right on schedule! At 25 weeks, 1 day we measured my belly for the first time and it was at 23 cm, so about 2 cm small. The doctor reassured us that it was perfectly fine, but I should feel free to have milkshakes whenever I want! :) Last Friday, at 26 weeks, 1 day everything still looked great although we didn't do any measurements of baby. He is still camera shy, but instead of putting his hands up he had his feet up!

Jeremy and I are thrilled we've made it to the 26 week mark and are now aiming for 28 weeks (37 weeks is medically full term, 40 weeks is typically considered full term)! The doctors all seem very confident that things will remain good at least that long.

At the first appointment we had with perinatology in July, the doctor gave us the warning that any time after the cerclage I might be put on bedrest. Being the planner that I am, I got everything together at work in case I had to leave. I was even taking my computer home each week...just in case. Now, I'm thankful that we were given that news because everything is ready if/when it happens, but at the same time I'm no longer worried about it. I've started making plans for November and even early December, where before I was hesitant to schedule anything more than a week or two in advance. We still have time to go, but I'm more confident that we're going to make it...at the very least to a point that gives baby a good advantage.

Jeremy is still undecided on the name (did I mention I'm leaving it up to him...with veto powers, of course!). We appreciate the suggestions people have given so far and I think he has it narrowed down. For some silly reason he doesn't want to talk about it much...given that we've made it this far without one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sabrina - you look wonderful! I enjoy reading the updates - keep'em coming. I wish you and Jeremy all the best as you continue through your pregnancy!

Take care, Tara

Maija said...

You look great! Keep up all the good work. Thanks for the update. We've been thinking about you all.

Jeremy, my suggestions are Ivan (pronounced EEvan, or Elis (EAlis, Noak (means rest in Swedish) ) Of course, if we ever have a second boy I reserve the right to take one of them back.
-Maija

Anonymous said...

Sabrina,

I am so glad to finally see your belly! Thank you for keeping us up to date. My picks for names would be Cody, Hunter, and Joey. Of course these are fun names without as much meaning as the others.

Can't wait to see your ultra sounds. Hope they are in the mail.

Love ya,

MOM