To be on the safe side, the doctor (not the one I saw the week before) said it is time to limit my activity, but still no bedrest. I've been taking it easy most of the pregnancy, but now no extra walking, no shopping for extended periods of time (maybe an hour, if that) and my personal favorite, no kitchen or other house duties that require lifting or being on my feet for too long. I've not purchased a bell to summon Jeremy yet, but maybe next week....
If you want to see some pictures of the little guy, I've added 3D ultrasounds to the last couple of posts. I'm embarrassed to say that my mom had to scan and email them to me, as I've never figured out how to hook up my scanner.
This site doesn't want to let me do too many photos in a post (Maija, have you had this problem?) so I've had to spread them out. Here's one from two weeks ago with his foot up by his forehead. The thing you see near his mouth is the umbilical cord. I wish there was a new one to add, but he wasn't very cooperative last time. We could only get profiles with this knees at his nose.After months of researching, we have finally had some fun making purchases! We've only gotten the mattress and sheets so far (we purchased the furniture for Henry last year), but we have a list of stuff we plan to get in the next couple of months or just after baby is born. A lot will depend on how long he keeps cooking, because some items are designed to accommodate premies and others are not (car seats and diapers are good examples).
We have also decided we'll be trying cloth diapers. Some people we've told seem accepting (mostly people who've done it or seen others do it successfully), while most people laugh and call us crazy; a few even joked about a pool to see how long we'd last. We are excited to give it a try and will definitely keep you posted on how the process turns out!
No comments:
Post a Comment